The insides of a medieval style white chess piece Queen are exposed as the Queen floats above a chess board with missing black squares set high in the sky.
The Queen's Persona is inspired by a painting of a chess piece Knight that appeared in a magazine in 1979. The exposed insides of the Queen are inspired by a medical advertisement for a stomach pain reliever. The objects located on the chess board surrounding the Queen identify some common characteristics of her feminine identity. The background and chess board are painted in bold layers of color.
Original Painting Specifications:
- Medium: Oil on canvas
- Where painted: Arlington, VA; Gaithersburg, MD; Concord, CA; and other locations in Maryland USA
- Painting Size: 48 by 40 inches
- Framed Size: 52 by 44 inches
- Start Time period: December 1980
- Completion Time period: September 2011
This item is only available to collectors via our Special Order Process. To inquire, please
1. The blank area of the canvas (shown below) is hand-painted by the artist.
2. An initial coating of oil paint is applied to the blank area and any other areas (as needed).
3. Once the area's painted are dry, the final comb and sky scenes are completed..